The City of Shadows
St James's Palace
St. James’s Palace is one of London’s oldest palaces. It is situated on Pall Mall in London, just north of St. James’s Park.
The palace was commissioned by Henry VIII, on the site of a former leper hospital dedicated to Saint James the Less (from whom the Palace and its nearby Park take their names); the hospital was disbanded in 1532. The new palace, secondary in interest to Henry’s Whitehall Palace, was constructed in the red-brick Tudor style around four courtyards
October 11th, 1863: Carnelian Fairfax gained permission to use one wing for the Engagement Party of James Woodbridge and Andrea Leyes.